If you like retro gaming, you will love terminal’s hidden games. These mini-games can only be accessed by simple lines of coding. However, using Terminal can be dangerous if playing around with coding because it is an electronic hardware device that is used for entering data into a computer system and can screw your computer up.
The easiest to open terminal is to search it in your apps or go in the utilities folder. Follow the steps below carefully to open the hidden games.
Step 1: Type “emacs” and hit return.
Step 2: Once you see the lines of code appearing, hit the escape key.
Step 3: Then simply type in “x” and it should bring you to a “M-x” prompt on the bottom left corner of the screen.
Step 4: Now you can choose from a variety of retro mini-games.
– To play Tetris: type “Tetris” and hit return.
– To play Pong: type “pong” and hit return.
– To play Snake: type “snake” and hit return.
– To play Gomoku ( connect 4): type “Gomoku” and hit return. – To play 5×5: type “5×5” and hit return
– To play Dunnet: type “Dunnet” and hit return.
– To play landmark: type “landmark” and hit return. – To play Doctor: type “doctor” and hit return.
– To play Blackbox: type”blackbox” and hit return
– To play Decipher: type “decipher” and hit return
– To play Spook: type “spook” and hit return
You need to make a new Terminal window to change/ restart games. Have fun!